Freelance Research and Program Evaluation Specialist (2017 – present)
- I provide a suite of services for projects, including: quantitative and qualitative data analysis; program evaluation; research design; project management and coordination; data collection; grant and academic and/or non-academic writing; editing; conducting literature reviews; communications and knowledge dissemination.
- Currently, I am working on five projects, including
- Gateway to the North: Creating a Northern Strategy for Lifelong Learning at the University of Saskatchewan (Research Assistant)
- The Northern and Indigenous Health and Healthcare Open Education Resource (Coordinator and Assistant Editor)
- Northern Keewetinohk Indigenous Scholars Workbook (Coordinator and Assistant Editor)
- Decolonizing in Communities Across Canada: Stories of Hope (Coordinator, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research Analyst)
- Stobart School Afterschool Fitness Program Evaluation (Evaluator)
Research Associate, The International Centre for Northern Governance and Development, University of Saskatchewan. (2014 – 2017)
- Oversaw, supported, and advanced research that matters to the Circumpolar Sub-Arctic Region, the Provincial Norths, and Northern Saskatchewan in the research areas of governance; health and social development; innovation and entrepreneurship; capacity building; and resource development and environmental management.
- Provided digital, social media, and print communications support.
Sessional Lecturer, Department of Sociology, University of Saskatchewan. (2014)
- Co-taught two large, first-year Sociology 111.3 – Foundations in Sociology: Society, Structure and Process classes
- Both classes participated in the Undergraduate Research Initiative – an initiative aimed at piloting innovative curriculum to incorporate authentic undergraduate research experiences in large, first-year level courses.
Research and Program Evaluation Analyst, The Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectiveness, University of Saskatchewan. (2011 – 2013)
- Provided program evaluation, assessment and research support for various ongoing programs, initiatives and research projects related to teaching and learning at the Gwenna Moss Centre and the University Learning Centre.
- Some projects included:
- First-year Learning Communities
- Peer-Mentor-led Writing Groups
- Co-curricular Community Service-Learning
- Indigenous Voices
- Faculty Attitudes towards Active, Student-centred, and Evidence-informed Teaching and Learning
- Investigating the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Landscape at the University of Saskatchewan
- The Impact of Learning Technologies, such as Twitter and the Flipped Classroom, in post-secondary education
- Some projects included:
- Provided consultations on quantitative and qualitative research methodology and methods for faculty-driven research projects on teaching and learning.